Thursday 28 June 2012

My Daily Routine



Hi Everyone,
       Anyone who is into Make-up, knows very well to take care of the face on regular basis because with all the products we keep on applying on our face, our skin really needs nourishment and care. And not to forget, those among us who go out for work, they face the harsh weather conditions too!!! so they have to be extra vigilant. I too,dear friends have set a routine for myself as I come in the second category! So lets see what I do to take care of my skin.



         Once upon a time I had this wonderful skin which DEMANDED no extra care at all. Any mild  Face Wash would do, but then somehow I started breaking out Acne like hell.... The reason, Hormonal... whenever I have my monthly periods, I end up with a pimple or two:-(((  Real Bad. I hate it and it has to appear on those days when I want flawless skin (any function/gathering). I have tried using Face Washes containing Salicylic Acid but then you cannot go on using these for long. As you all know,Acne leaves behind blemishes/scars... I have been actively battling against acne/blemishes for God knows how many years now! Have become sort of an authority on the subject ,lol....

    These days I have turned completely towards The Bodyshop products.This is one brand I trust blindly. And why not,who doesn't LOVE The Bodyshop products. I just have to enter the shop and my hubby literally has to drag me out ;-)....  


    THE BODYSHOP TEA TREE LINE:
                  SHOW BLEMISHED SKIN WHO'S BOSS....Yeah, thats what The BodyShop says.
  

Google Image
 

 WHAT EXACTLY IS TEA TREE OIL???
     Tea Tree Oil or Melaleuca Oil, is a pale yellow colour to nearly colourless and clear essential oil with a fresh camphor-like scent. It is effective against bacteria, fungi and viruses and stimulates the immune system. This skin miracle comes from Australia and it has so many benefits that the Australian Army puts it in soldier's first aid kits! Here I'm mentioning only its Acne healing power. It is an excellent treatment for Acne. One study found it to be just as effective as Benzoyl Peroxide but without the negative effects like redness and peeling.



   


TEA TREE  SKIN CLEARING FACIAL WASH AND FOAMING CLEANSER
 The daily use Facial Wash for blemished skin gives clearer-looking skin when used as a part of a regular regime.

MY EXPERIENCE
    I use Tea Tree Facial Wash in morning and the foam cleanser at night. Both has the same result, just personal preference of using a foaming cleanser at night! 


TEA TREE FACIAL TONER
   According to the bodyshop, this refreshing toner for blemished skin gives a beautifully matte, shine free finish.
  • Removes traces of make-up, cleanser and impurities.
  • Mattifying powders leave skin shine-free.
  • Clinically proven to give clearer-looking skin
MY EXPERIENCE
   Okay, I swear by this toner. Before this, I used Seaweed clarifying Toner but I didn't like it much. With almost no effect on my blemishes, it didn't help me much. But I have been using The tea tree line for the past six months and I must say, I now have clearer looking skin.









TEA TREE SKIN CLEARING LOTION
   A light non-oily moisturising lotion for blemished skin. For use after your Tea Tree cleansing regime.
  • Provides lightweight hydration.
  • Easily absorbed.
  • With shine-control for a matte finish.
  • Antibacterial.action.
MY EXPERIENCE
 No,it doesn't. It does not have that matte finish that every oily person look for in a mattifying lotion. I applied it and when I went for work I noticed oil pooling over my T-zone after about an hour! So,no, I don't use it   anymore.


TEA TREE NIGHT LOTION
 A lightweight soothing gel-creme for blemished skin.
  • Replenishes moisture overnight.
  • Leaves skin looking matte.
  • Antibacterial action.
MY EXPERIENCE
 Now this one's different. I like using it and yes, my skin does stay matte till next morning. But I use it sparingly.







TEA TREE OIL
   A medicine cabinet must. A pre-blended oil which can be used in many different ways to help soothe blemished skin. Dab directly onto skin on first sign of blemish.

MY EXPERIENCE
 Well what else can I say? its Magic in a small bottle. Apply it to the blemish directly. You will need only a drop. I also use it over my Acne. It works,it dries it out. Some people have problem with the Tea Tree smell but luckily I don't have such problem. In fact, it gives me a real refreshing feeling.

OVERALL VERDICT:
  True to their word, The Bodyshop Tea Tree line is the perfect remedy for blemished skin. But should be used as a regular regime. You can't expect your blemishes to fade in one night! And with the word fade, I remember one more thing, it fades the blemishes,not vanishes them completely. You still see faint marks when you look up-close. For vanishing the blemishes,well, I guess time is the best healer:-) ...As for me,I have much clearer skin now. Don't believe me, ask my friends, relatives or my personal critic,my hubby :-)


Hope you like my post. You are welcome to share your experience.

Love you all,


Farah.




    
      

7 comments:

  1. Oh wow im glad to hear that ur blemishes are clear now :) stay blessed <3 btw where r u from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-))) Thanks Flavya for your good wishes. Peshawar.

      Delete
  2. Nice blog and nice reviews. I am also from our very own Peshawar. :)

    Follow me back?
    http://fabiliscious.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great. Following you back definitely:-)

      Delete
  3. i was such a fan of tbs tea tree oil products , glad they work for you

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh Ive only been using the regular green tea facial wash and really has made my skin clearer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think any brand would do,the tea tree is the thing that works...

      Delete